First Light™ 100% Grass-Fed Wagyu
WHY CHOOSE FIRST LIGHT 100% GRASS-FED WAGYU?
The natural marbling in First Light Wagyu beef comes from the lush 100% grass diet the cattle graze on. And it ensures every piece of premium grass-fed beef is juicy, tender and full of flavor.
Wagyu is rich in naturally occurring Omega-3s – the kind of “good fat” we should be eating, rather than avoiding. All First Light products are gluten-free and contain no added nitrates, nitrites, hormones or antibiotics.
GOOD FOR THE PLANET
First Light Wagyu cattle are pasture-raised in New Zealand on a 100% grass-fed diet, with no grains, no feedlots and absolutely no GMOs.
GOOD FOR THE ANIMALS
First Light Wagyu comes from farms internationally recognized as Certified Humane®, so you can be assured they meet stringent standards for animal welfare practices.
PURE MEATS WAGYU FACTOIDS
WHAT IS WAGYU?
Wagyu is a cattle breed, common in Japan and known for its extensive marbling. First Light Wagyu are raised in New Zealand on lush pasture, breathing fresh air, and getting lots of exercise!
WHAT IS MARBLING?
Marbling refers to the small white flecks of intramuscular fat running through a cut of meat. The more marbled your beef is, the richer and more succulent it will be.
Our partner, First Light 100% grass-fed Wagyu, has proudly claimed two gold medals at the World Steak Challenge (London).
We raise our animals the way our parents and grandparents did. Our unique approach using wagyu cattle and a farmer owned business model is creating an enduring legacy for our children.
Grass-fed Wagyu cooks faster than regular grain-fed beef so follow these simple instructions for the perfect steak.
- The more marbling in the beef the more tender and juicy it will be – choose a good-looking cut!
- Bring the Wagyu up to room temperature before cooking and oil the meat not the pan.
- Salt the beef liberally just before cooking it to get great caramelization.
- Cook it on a medium heat until done (we recommend medium rare).
- Rest the meat – this allows the juices to redistribute evenly, which will make your steak extra delicious.
It’s always great to get a pat on the back from people who love our meat as much as we do!
Our partner First Light 100% grass-fed wagyu recently claimed two gold medals, and we couldn’t be more thrilled.
Finally a red meat that’s good for you!
- Lowers cholesterol
- Prevents coronary disease
- Helps weight loss
- Reduces levels of LDL-cholesterol
- Reduces total cholesterol and the glycemic index
- Good for the heart
- Contribute to weight loss
- Improve the immune system
- Helps fight cancer
- Reduce the risk of Heart Disease
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes
Wagyu beef has the lowest cholesterol of almost any kind of meat sold in the U.S.
- Wagyu beef- 10 mg
- Turkey – 36 mg
- Chicken – 32 mg
- Fish – 28 mg
- Buffalo – 39 mg
- Rabbit – 32 mg
- Deer – 45 mg
Nutrition Information: USDA, Agricultural Research Service, 2006. USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 18. Portion sizes are 2 ounces of raw meat.