Rib-Eye Steak with Grilled Corn Salad
Our tastebuds are telling us that summer ain’t over yet.
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
- Preheat grill with large cast-iron pan placed on one side. Meanwhile, pat steak dry and generously season with salt and pepper.
- When skillet is hot and almost smoking, place butter in the skillet and add steaks; cook steak 4 to 6 minutes per side. Place corn on the grill and turn until charred on all sides. Transfer steak to a plate and loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer corn to a plate.
- Place corn on a cutting board horizontally and cut off kernels; discard cobs. In a large bowl add corn, onion, tomato, chile, lime juice and zest, and cilantro; season with salt and pepper and toss together.
- Serve grilled corn salad over steak.
- 2 (10- to 12-oz.) boneless rib-eye steaks
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ears corn on the cob, husked
- 1/2 c. Chopped red onion
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. serrano chile, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 c. chopped fresh cilantro