Lemon Chicken with Asparagus and Potatoes
Crisp-tender chicken baked to absolute perfection. It’s truly an entire meal in a single skillet!
Most of my recipes here are quick and easy, a must for those busy weeknight meals. But this one here is extra extra easy – a no-fuss weeknight meal with your side dishes made right in the same pan.
Cook: 1 hr 5 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, Dijon, lemon juice, lemon zest and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using your fingers or a brush, work the mixture onto both sides of the chicken.
- Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add potatoes to the skillet; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are easily pieced with a fork.* Add asparagus and chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed