Grilled Pork Chops with Plums, Red Onions, and Arugula
Plums add a nice sweetness to this pork chop recipe.
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
- Arrange pork chops in a glass baking dish and pour over 1/2 cup red wine vinegar. Let marinate while you prep.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add plums and onion and cook, stirring until beginning to soften, 5 minutes, then add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and continue cooking until golden, 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan over high heat. Remove pork from red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Grill pork chops 4 minutes, then flip and cook 3 to 4 minutes more. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together Dijon and remaining tablespoon red wine vinegar. Slowly whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, then add arugula and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon plum mixture over grilled pork chops and garnish with thyme. Serve with arugula salad.
- 2 8- to 10-oz. boneless pork chops, halved lengthwise to make 4 chops
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 plums, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 c. baby arugula
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish