Grilled Flank Steak with Mustardy Potato Salad
This grainy mustard potato salad is a delicious side for steak, pork, or chicken.
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with chives, mustard, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook steak. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with coriander, salt, and pepper. Cook, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 130º for medium rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then slice. Serve with potatoes and garnish with chives.
- 1 1/2 lb. small new potatoes, halved if large
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped chives, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lb. flank steak, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 tsp. ground coriander